1. Make sure your freezer is always nice and full, so that it uses the least energy. There is less room for warm air to enter when you open the door.
2. Know what you can freeze. That is often more than we think. For example, you can often store cut vegetables well frozen. Think of bell pepper, onion, cabbage or spinach. So you can buy that bigger and often cheaper. Cut your vegetables, use what you need and put the rest in the freezer. Also saves time when you cook next time. Did you know that you can also freeze cheese?
3. Products with a limited shelf life are often bought at a discount in the supermarket. You can then put a lot of things in the freezer at home. Think meat with a 35% discount sticker. That is good for weeks in the freezer.
4. Always keep an easy meal in the freezer. A (Turkish) pizza or leftovers from a previous meal. This way you always have something at home and you don’t have to have anything delivered.
5. Love bread, but don’t you eat much of it? Put it in the freezer and get only the slices you need at that time. That way your bread does not get old.
Weekly everything about lifestyle, travel, culinary and living.
Invalid email address. Please fill in again.