You should also not make cassele ribs from bad pork. At my butcher was a basket full of packets of sauerkraut, already cooked the German way for hours. I love that so much. So sauerkraut with casseler, I thought. But now I had also bought some real farmhouse cheese and some nice bread and then that sauerkraut ended up on the cheese on the bread and I had the casseler rib left the next day. If you still have some vegetables in the freezer …
Cut the casseler rib into cubes. Let the vegetables thaw. Heat the olive oil in a pan and let the meat, vegetables and herbs fry briefly. Put a lid on the pan and let the vegetables simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are almost done. Add the stock and beans, bring to the boil and let it heat through for a few minutes. Season with a little salt and freshly ground pepper. Delicious with pieces of toasted sourdough bread.
Necessary for 4 people:
• 300 grams of casseler rib at the butcher
• 400 grams of mixed soup vegetables or just a tasty mix of leftovers
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tsp dried Provencal herbs
• 1/4 liter chicken stock (jar)
• 800 gr canned butter beans (Bianchi de spagna) or any other nice canned beans as long as you leave those white beans in tomato sauce alone
• salt and freshly ground pepper
Weekly everything about lifestyle, travel, culinary and living.
Invalid email address. Please fill in again.